Disclosure of information to others
To be able to serve our clients and to provide financial products efficiently and accurately, it is sometimes necessary to share your information with other parties.
In connection with our provision of products and services, we may share your personal information with staff within the global AB group of companies who operate in locations all around the globe.
We also utilize the services of third-party companies that perform administrative services (such as IT services; unit registry or custodial services; back-office functions; etc.) for AB or on our behalf in various countries. We may share your personal information with these external parties. These companies are required to use this information only for the services for which we hired them, and are not permitted to use or share this information for any other purpose.
Personal information may also be shared with professional advisors such as auditors, accountants, lawyers, insurance companies or others consistent with standard practices and legal obligations.
We may disclose your personal information:
- internally to our staff;
- to our related corporate bodies;
- to any person where necessary in connection with the provision of our products or services;
- to our professional advisors such as auditors, accountants and lawyers, insurance companies and property managers, consistent with normal business practices;
- to third parties we may engage from time to time to assist us in the promotion of our products and services, and who may receive limited personal information for that purpose;
- to external service providers (on a confidential basis) so they can provide us with services related to our business, such as mailing services, IT services, unit registry and custodial services, and archival services; and
- to entities to whom we are required or authorized by applicable law to disclose your personal information, such as government and regulatory bodies.
AB and its related entities may use your personal information for the purpose of directly marketing our products or services to you. You may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information for direct marketing at any time by contacting us.